I attended the Gram Swaraj Abhiyan today at Makha in East Sikkim and presented tokens of welfare schemes/benefits prepared to the beneficiaries of six constituencies of East District- Syari, Upper Burtuk, Martam-Rumtek, Singtam-Khamdong, West Pendam and Tumin Lingee constituency.
I am sure that our policies like Janta Mela will lead to the upliftment of the weaker sections of the society.
I encouraged the educated youths to take up organic farming and tourism as profession. I also appealed to the people to accept the negotiated rate fixed for acquiring land for developmental purpose, like construction of new roads, building infrastructure etc. and be contributing partners of development with the Government.
I made the following announcements:-
1. Parshuram Mandir, which will be the first of its kind in the Country to be constructed at Barang under Tumin-Lingee constituency.
2. Golf course to be developed at Pangthang in East Sikkim.
3. Honorarium of ASHA workers to be increased from next year.
4. An advanced Dairy Farm to be set up in North Sikkim.
5. Gyan Mandir, a library with all modern facilities to be constructed in Gangtok.
6. A separate Janta Mela to be held for urban areas and the Sangha community.
7. House up-gradation and GCI sheets to be given to those already possessing forms distributed earlier.
8. All landless ‘sukumbasis ‘to be provided land under Land Bank Scheme by the year 2018.