I am sharing with you the list of Business of the House during the concluding day of the five-day Budget session of the Sikkim Legislative Assembly.
I. The following were passed by the House:-
1. Demands for Grants for : i) Food Security & Agriculture Department, Horticulture & Cash Crops Development Department, Water Resources & River Development Department and Animal Husbandry, Livestock, Fisheries & Vety Services Department, ii) Home Department, FRED, DPER&NECAD,DoPART,Ecclesiatical Affairs Department and other departments not specifically allotted to any other Minister.
2. General Budget 2018-19.
3. Sikkim Appropriation Bill for Annual General Budget 2018-19.
II. Additionally, the following were presented in the House:-
1. 9th State Finance Commission Report Sikkim for the award period 2020-25 and Explanatory Memorandum as to the Action Taken Report on the recommendations made by the 5th State Finance Commission in its Report submitted to the State Government.
2. CAG Reports-i) Finance Accounts ( Vol I&II), Accounts at a Glance & Appropriation Accounts of Government of Sikkim for 2016-17.ii)Report of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India on State Finances for the year ended March 2017.
3. Reports under FRBM Act 2010-i)The Review of Compliance of Government of Sikkim to the State Fiscal Responsibilty & Budget Management Act 2010 for 2015-16.ii) Half Yearly Review Report 2017-18, Review of the Trends in Receipt & Expenditure in relation to Budget 2017-18. iii) Medium Term Fiscal Plan for Sikkim 2018-19 to 2020-21.
4. Separate Audit Report:i) Separate Audit Report on the Accounts of Sikkim Electricity RegulatoryCommission for the year ended 31st March 2016.ii)Annual Consolidated Audit & Review Report on the Accounts of Panchayatiraj Institutions for the year ended 31st March 2017.
5. Report of the Assembly Committees -i) 110th Report on Appropriation Accounts 2011-12.ii)111th Report on Action Taken Report on recommendations of the Public Accounts Committee by Sikkim Mining Corporation as contained in the 107th Report.iii)112th Report on Separate Audit Reports of Accounts of Sikkim State Legal Services Authority Legal Aid Fund for the year ended 31st March 2007-14.iv)19th Report of the Government Assurances Committee on further action taken by the State Government Departments pertaining to the Budget session held from 16th to 19th March 2017.
III. Copies of White Papers/ Achievement Reports were laid on the Table of the House by the following Hon’ble Ministers for departments under their charge:-
i)Shri Somnath Poudyal ii)Shri Ugen T Gyatso iii) Shri NK Subba iv)Smt Tulsi Devi Rai v) Shri Tshering Wangdi Lepcha vi)Shri AK Ghattani.
IV. The following Hon’ble Members were elected by the House for the financial year 2018-19:-
i)Committee on Public Accounts-Shri Beg Bahadur Rai as Chairman , and Shri DR Thapa and Shri Sonam Lama as members.
ii)Committee on Estimates- Ms Chandra Maya Subba as Chairman, and Shri RN Chamling and Shri KN Lepcha as members.
V. The following were nominated by the Chair for the Financial Year 2018-19:-i)Committe on Government Assurances-Shri Bikram Pradhan as Chairman , and Ugen Nedup Bhutia and Shri Gopal Baraily as members.
ii)Committee on Rules-Shri Timothy W Basnet , Shri Pintso Chopel Lepcha and Shri Shyam Pradhan as members.
iii)Committee on Library-Shri DN Sherpa and Shri Sonam Dadul Bhutia as members.
iv)Committee on House-Smt Tilu Gurung as Chairperson, and Shri Hemendra Adhikari and Shri Pintso Chopel Lepcha as members.
v)Committee on Privilege-Dr Mechung Bhutia as Chairman, and Shri Gopal Baraily and Shri DN Sherpa as members.
Hon’ble Speaker also nominated Shri Ugen Nedup Bhutia, Shri Shyam Pradhan and Shri KS Lepcha as the Panel of Chairmen for 2018-19.
VI. In my valedictory address , I hilighted the progressive increase in State’s Budget over the last 23 years and our consistent effort in making the economy of the State self-reliant. I also informed that our Government has repaid loans to a tune of over four thousand crore and recorded a 270% increase in the State’s own revenue. As the most progressive state of the Country, Sikkim has made rapid strides in all spheres with all-round development.
VII. I also made / reiterated some announcements and issued
directives on the floor of the House:
1. Government has started Chief Minister’s Startup Scheme.I urged the Hon’ble Members of the House to motivate the youth in availing the opportunities under this scheme.
2. Kisan Pension Scheme has been started for the benefit of farmers.
3. Old Age Home for East District will be constructed near One-Stop Crisis Centre at Lumsey Tadong. Work for Old Age Home in other three districts to be expedited.
4. By 30th June, 2018, all major works allotted under the Budget 2018-19 under various Government Departments should be implemented. If not, funds will be deducted from these Departments and allotted to other progressive and performing Departments.
5. Minimum Price Support will be provided to farmers.
6. All Kutcha Houses will be converted to Pucca Houses.
7. State University, Buddhist University and National Law University will be made operational.
8. Referring to a report that farming cannot be carried out underneath high power electricity lines, I directed the concerned Secretaries to carry out a thorough enquiry and submit report at the earliest.
9. In order to limit the use of Paljor Stadium only for sporting activities, a suitable land to be identified in the vicinity of Gangtok to accommodate at least one lakh people for any public function.
10. Street Lights along Namnang- Deorali Road to be installed immediately.
11. People should take ownership of public amenities, footpaths, railings etc. They should exercise social policing and social fencing to safeguard public properties.
12. Lower Court will be started in Rangpo and Jorethang.
13. One outstanding entrepreneur of the State will be given an award of Rupees One Crore every year.
14. All Government Sign Boards will henceforth be written in all the local languages of Sikkim, along with English and Nepali.
15. Salaries of Ad-hoc employees, panchayats, councillors and nagar panchayats to be revised.
16. Ex-Gratia to drivers who die while on duty enhanced from 2 lakh to 5 lakh.
17. Home Guards who have rendered more than 15 years of service will be regularized.
18. Salaries of ASHA and Anganwadi Workers to be enhanced.
19. Regularization of MR Workers who have worked for more than five years (on merit basis).
20. Pay Commission to be implemented in the State from 1st April, 2018.
21. Parks and Gardens to be built till BAC level.
22. Smriti Vans to be revived by Panchayats at GPU level.
23. Open Theatre, eco-smart city and gym hall and play ground to be built at Panchayat level.
24. Futsal arenas (five-a-side football) to be created at each sub-division.
25. Bowling Alleys to be created in each District.
26. Hi-Speed Internet and Cyber facilities to be created in each District.
27. Each District will have food street and fashion street.
28. Handicraft and Flower counters will be installed in each district and sub-divisions.
29. Market places will be made noise pollution -free.
30. Public Toilets to be constructed in every market place.
31. Qualitative transport system in each district.
32. Delivery systems to be upgraded.
33. Culture and heritage of all communities to be preserved.
34. Science and Technology Parks will be built in each District.
35. There will be tunneling of road and creation of underground bazaars wherever necessary and feasable.
36. Study Centres to be created for Sherpa, Bhujel, Scheduled Caste and Tamang communities.
37. GPU level libraries to be created.
38. Jungle Therapy to be started under Tourism Department.